Rapid test for the detection of ketones in the urine or milk of cows.
Sodium nitroprusside, ammonium sulfate, sodium carbonate anhydrous.
The sodium nitroprusside contained in the test reacts with the ketone bodies in milk or urine, giving a pink to purple color (depending on the ketone content).
Testoket is a ready-to-use, single-use, field test. Pour 3-4 ml of the tested liquid (urine, milk) into the test tube with the reagent, cover with a stopper and shake.
Evaluate color change within 2 minutes.
- in healthy cows, the color of the reagent and urine does not change,
- in cows with subclinical ketosis, the reagent and urine turn pink,
- in cows with clinical ketosis, the reagent and urine turn purple.
- in healthy cows and cows with subclinical ketosis, the color of the reagent and milk does not change,
- the appearance of pink to purple color indicates clinical ketosis.
Contents in the package
10 x 1g
The storage conditions
Store below 25 ° C. Protect from light.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Precautions for the user
Toxic by ingestion and inhalation. Avoid skin and eye contamination. Carry out the test wearing protective gloves. If the preparation comes into contact with the skin or eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
In case of accidental ingestion, give plenty of water, induce vomiting.
Seek medical attention immediately and show the package to the doctor.
Unused test or its waste should be disposed of in a manner consistent with applicable regulations.
FOR VETERINARY USE
FOR SELF USE BY THE PET OWNER
FOR ANIMALS ONLY